From elementary school to university, language schools to vocational programs, Canadian schools accommodate students of all interests and backgrounds. Individuals who study in Canada receive quality, internationally-respected educations that prepare them for future professional pursuits. This is combined with tuition fees and living costs that are generally lower than in other developed countries.
All Foreign Nationals who have attained the age of maturity at the time of application must obtain a Study Permit to attend any educational institution. In order to apply for the Study Permit, the Foreign National must provide proof of acceptance into an approved institution, evidence of sufficient funds to pay for tuition and living costs, and demonstrate the intention to return home upon the completion of studies.
Once you arrive in Canada, you must maintain your study permit and obtain work authorization.
- After obtaining a study permit, students may need to renew or change the study permit during the course of their studies in Canada.
- Depending on your program, you may be eligible to work while studying
After graduation, many students choose to stay in Canada to live and work
- Many graduates are eligible to receive post-graduation work permits to facilitate their stay.
- A post-graduation work permit may help facilitate an application for Canadian Permanent Residency, especially through either the Canadian Experience Class or Quebec Experience Class.
Working in Canada as a Student
It is possible to work in Canada, while you are here as a student, under any Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) work programs for students.
A student may be able to work in Canada during the course of study under the following categories:
- On campus without a Work Permit;
- Off campus with a Work Permit;
- In Co-op and Internship Programs, where work experience is part of the curriculum, with a Work Permit.
In addition to this, spouses or common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for a work permit for the duration as the study permit.
What documents are required for study permit ?
Our experts will help you with preparing your application and a complete list of the documents required for the Study Permit
Call us at 905-461-2424
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org